Metal Curtain Pole Cutter Wonderful Double Shower Rod Oil Rubbed Bronze Curved (good Curtain Pole Cutter #3)
Metal Curtain Pole Cutter Wonderful Double Shower Rod Oil Rubbed Bronze Curved (good Curtain Pole Cutter #3) Pictures Gallery
Metalmet•al (met′l),USA pronunciation n., v., -aled, -al•ing or (esp. Brit.) -alled, -al•ling.
- any of a class of elementary substances, as gold, silver, or copper, all of which are crystalline when solid and many of which are characterized by opacity, ductility, conductivity, and a unique luster when freshly fractured.
- such a substance in its pure state, as distinguished from alloys.
- an element yielding positively charged ions in aqueous solutions of its salts.
- an alloy or mixture composed wholly or partly of such substances, as brass.
- an object made of metal.
- formative material;
- See type metal.
- the state of being set in type.
- molten glass in the pot or melting tank.
- See road metal.
- to furnish or cover with metal.
- [Brit.]to pave or surface (a road) with broken stone.
Curtaincur•tain (kûr′tn),USA pronunciation n.
- a hanging piece of fabric used to shut out the light from a window, adorn a room, increase privacy, etc.
- a movable or folding screen used for similar purposes.
- [Chiefly New Eng.]a window shade.
- a set of hanging drapery for concealing all or part of the stage or set from the view of the audience.
- the act or time of raising or opening a curtain at the start of a performance: an 8:30 curtain.
- the end of a scene or act indicated by the closing or falling of a curtain: first-act curtain.
- an effect, line, or plot solution at the conclusion of a performance: a strong curtain; weak curtain.
- music signaling the end of a radio or television performance.
- (used as a direction in a script of a play to indicate that a scene or act is concluded.)
- anything that shuts off, covers, or conceals: a curtain of artillery fire.
- a relatively flat or featureless extent of wall between two pavilions or the like.
- [Fort.]the part of a wall or rampart connecting two bastions, towers, or the like.
- curtains, the end;
death, esp. by violence: It looked like curtains for another mobster.
- draw the curtain on or over:
- to bring to a close: to draw the curtain on a long career of public service.
- to keep secret.
- lift the curtain on:
- to commence;
- to make known or public;
disclose: to lift the curtain on a new scientific discovery.
- to provide, shut off, conceal, or adorn with, or as if with, a curtain.
Polepole1 (pōl),USA pronunciation n., v., poled, pol•ing.
- a long, cylindrical, often slender piece of wood, metal, etc.: a telephone pole; a fishing pole.
- [Northeastern U.S.]a long, tapering piece of wood or other material that extends from the front axle of a vehicle between the animals drawing it.
- a light spar.
- that part of a mast between the uppermost standing rigging and the truck.
- the lane of a racetrack nearest to the infield;
the inside lane. Cf. post 1 (def. 5).
- a unit of length equal to 16½ feet (5 m);
- a square rod, 30¼ square yards (25.3 sq. m).
- under bare poles:
- [Naut.](of a sailing ship) with no sails set, as during a violent storm.
destitute: The thugs robbed him and left him under bare poles.
- to furnish with poles.
- to push, strike, or propel with a pole: to pole a raft.
- [Baseball.]to make (an extra-base hit) by batting the ball hard and far: He poled a triple to deep right-center.
- to stir (molten metal, as copper, tin, or zinc) with poles of green wood so as to produce carbon, which reacts with the oxygen present to effect deoxidation.
- to propel a boat, raft, etc., with a pole: to pole down the river.
Cuttercut•ter (kut′ər),USA pronunciation n.
- a person who cuts, esp. as a job, as one who cuts fabric for garments.
- a machine, tool, or other device for cutting.
- a single-masted sailing vessel, very similar to a sloop but having its mast set somewhat farther astern, about two-fifths of the way aft measured on the water line.
- a ship's boat having double-banked oars and one or two lugsails.
- Also called revenue cutter. a lightly armed government vessel used to prevent smuggling and enforce the customs regulations.
- a person employed as a film editor.
- a small, light sleigh, usually single-seated and pulled by one horse.
- Also called rubber. a brick suitable for cutting and rubbing.
- (in U.S. government grading of beef )
- a low-quality grade of beef between utility and canner.
- beef of this grade, mostly used in processed beef products, as sausage.
- (in U.S. government grading of beef ) graded between utility and canner.
Doubledou•ble (dub′əl),USA pronunciation adj., n., v., -bled, -bling, adv.
- twice as large, heavy, strong, etc.;
twofold in size, amount, number, extent, etc.: a double portion; a new house double the size of the old one.
- composed of two like parts or members;
twofold in form;
paired: double doors; a double sink.
- of, pertaining to, or suitable for two persons: a double room.
- twofold in character, meaning, or conduct;
dual or ambiguous: a double interpretation.
- (of musical instruments) producing a tone an octave lower than the notes indicate.
- duple, as time or rhythm.
- folded in two;
having one half folded over the other.
- (of a bed or bedclothes) full-size: a double blanket.
- [Bot.](of flowers) having many more than the normal number of petals: double petunias; double hollyhocks.
- anything that is twofold in size or amount or twice the usual size, quantity, strength, etc.
- a duplicate or counterpart;
something exactly or closely resembling another: This dress is the double of that. He is the double of his cousin.
- Also called double room. a type of hotel accommodation with two beds, or sometimes a double bed, for occupancy by two persons. Cf. twin (def. 4).
- a fold or plait.
- an alcoholic drink containing twice the usual amount of alcohol.
- a sudden backward turn or bend, as of a fox on the run in fox hunting;
- a trick or artifice, as of argument in a formal debate.
- a substitute actor or singer ready to take another's place;
- [Motion Pictures, Television.]a substitute who performs feats or actions too hazardous or difficult for a star.
- [Baseball.]See two-base hit.
- [Mil.]double time.
- doubles, (used with a sing. v.) a game or match in which there are two players on each side, as in tennis.
- (in bridge or other card games)
- a challenge by an opponent that the declarer cannot fulfill the designated contract, increasing the points to be won or lost.
- a hand that warrants such a challenge.
- [Bridge.]a conventional bid informing one's partner that a player's hand is of a certain strength.
- [Bowling.]two strikes in succession: He needed a double in the tenth frame to win.
- See daily double.
- any of certain feasts in the Roman Catholic Church, marked by a doubled antiphon and taking precedence over lesser feasts.
- [Music. Rare.]a variation.
- a former coin of France, the sixth part of a sol, issued in silver in the 14th century, later made of copper.
- at the double, [Brit. Informal.]on the double.
- on the double, [Informal.]
- without delay;
rapidly: The fire engines came on the double.
- in double time, as marching troops.
- to make double or twice as great;
to add an equal amount to: The baby doubled its weight in a year.
- to bend or fold with or as with one part over another (often fol. by over, up, back, etc.): Double the edge over before sewing.
- to clench: He doubled his fists.
- to be or have twice as much as: Income doubled expenditure.
- to sail around (a projecting area of land): to double Cape Horn.
- to add a new layer of planking or ceiling to (an old wooden hull).
- to pair;
couple: The players were doubled for the tournament.
- [Music.]to reduplicate by means of a tone in another part, either at the unison or at an octave above or below.
- (in bridge and other card games)
- to challenge (the bid of an opponent) by making a call that increases the value of tricks to be won or lost.
- to challenge the bid of (an opponent): He doubled me into game.
- to cause the advance of (a base runner) by a two-base hit: He doubled him to third.
- to cause (a run) to be scored by a two-base hit (often fol. by in): He doubled in the winning run.
- to put out (a base runner) as the second out of a double play (often fol. by up).
- to become double: My money doubled in three years.
- to bend or fold (often fol. by up or over): to double over with pain.
- to turn back on a course or reverse direction (often fol. by back): He doubled back by another road and surprised us.
- [Mil.]to march at the double-time pace.
- to serve in two capacities or in an additional capacity: She doubles as producer and director.
- to act as a double in a play, motion picture, or the like.
- [Music.]to play an instrument besides one's regular instrument (usually followed by on): The saxophonist doubles on drums.
- (in bridge and other card games) to double the bid of an opponent.
- [Baseball.]to make a two-base hit.
- to double-date.
- double in brass, [Informal.]to serve in two capacities;
be able to do work different from one's own: It is a small firm, and everyone doubles in brass when emergencies arise.
- double or nothing, a bet having as its outcome either the doubling of a previous loss or debt or the canceling of that loss or debt. Also, double or quits.
- double up:
- to share quarters planned for only one person or family: Because of the room shortage, we had to double up.
- to bend over, as from pain: He doubled up in agony.
- to twice the amount, number, extent, etc.;
- two together: There are only a few beds, so some of the children will have to sleep double for the night.
Showershow•er1 (shou′ər),USA pronunciation n.
- a brief fall of rain or, sometimes, of hail or snow.
- Also called show′er bath′. a bath in which water is sprayed on the body, usually from an overhead perforated nozzle(showerhead).
- the apparatus for this or the room or stall enclosing it.
- a large supply or quantity: a shower of wealth.
- a party given for a bestowal of presents of a specific kind, esp. such a party for a prospective bride or prospective mother: a linen shower; a baby shower.
- a fall of many objects, as tears, sparks, or missiles.
- See air shower.
- showers, a room or area equipped with several showerheads or stalls for use by a number of people at the same time.
- send to the showers, [Baseball.]
- to replace (a pitcher) during a game, usually because he or she is ineffective: The coach sent him to the showers after he walked three batters in a row.
- to cause (a pitcher) to be replaced in a game, as by getting many hits off him or her;
knock out of the box: Two home runs and a line-drive double sent her to the showers.
- to bestow liberally or lavishly.
- to deluge (a person) with gifts, favors, etc.: She was showered with gifts on her birthday.
- to bathe (oneself ) in a shower bath.
- to rain in a shower.
- to take a shower bath.
Rodrod (rod),USA pronunciation n., v., rod•ded, rod•ding.
- a stick, wand, staff, or the like, of wood, metal, or other material.
- a straight, slender shoot or stem of any woody plant, whether still growing or cut from the plant.
- See fishing rod.
- (in plastering or mortaring) a straightedge moved along screeds to even the plaster between them.
- a stick used for measuring.
- a unit of linear measure, 51⁄2 yards or 161⁄2 feet (5.029 m);
linear perch or pole.
- a unit of square measure, 301⁄4 square yards (25.29 sq. m);
square perch or pole.
- a stick, or a bundle of sticks or switches bound together, used as an instrument of punishment.
- punishment or discipline: Not one to spare the rod, I sent him to bed without dinner.
- a wand, staff, or scepter carried as a symbol of office, authority, power, etc.
- authority, sway, or rule, esp. when tyrannical.
- See lightning rod.
- a slender bar or tube for draping towels over, suspending a shower curtain, etc.
- a branch of a family;
- a pattern, drawn on wood in full size, of one section of a piece of furniture.
- a pistol or revolver.
- [Vulgar.]the penis.
- one of the rodlike cells in the retina of the eye, sensitive to low intensities of light. Cf. cone (def. 5).
- [Bacteriol.]a rod-shaped microorganism.
- Also called leveling rod, stadia rod. a light pole, conspicuously marked with graduations, held upright and read through a surveying instrument in leveling or stadia surveying.
- round metal stock for drawing and cutting into slender bars.
- to furnish or equip with a rod or rods, esp. lightning rods.
- to even (plaster or mortar) with a rod.
- to reinforce (the core of a mold) with metal rods.
Oiloil (oil),USA pronunciation n.
- any of a large class of substances typically unctuous, viscous, combustible, liquid at ordinary temperatures, and soluble in ether or alcohol but not in water: used for anointing, perfuming, lubricating, illuminating, heating, etc.
- a substance of this or similar consistency.
- refined or crude petroleum.
- See oil color.
- See oil painting.
- unctuous hypocrisy;
- an oilskin garment.
- [Australian and New Zealand Slang.]facts or news;
information: good oil.
- pour oil on troubled waters, to attempt to calm a difficult or tense situation, as an argument.
- strike oil:
- to discover oil, esp. to bring in a well.
- to have good luck, esp. financially;
make an important and valuable discovery: They struck oil only after years of market research.
- to smear, lubricate, or supply with oil.
- to bribe.
- to make unctuous or smooth: to oil his words.
- to convert into oil by melting, as butter.
- pertaining to or resembling oil.
- using oil, esp. as a fuel: an oil furnace.
- concerned with the production or use of oil: an offshore oil rig.
- made with oil.
- obtained from oil.
Rubbedrub (rub),USA pronunciation v., rubbed, rub•bing, n.
- to subject the surface of (a thing or person) to pressure and friction, as in cleaning, smoothing, polishing, coating, massaging, or soothing: to rub a table top with wax polish; to rub the entire back area.
- to move (something) back and forth or with a rotary motion, as against or along another surface: to rub the cloth over the glass pane.
- to spread or apply (something) with pressure and friction over something else or a person: to rub lotion on her chapped hands.
- to move (two things) with pressure and friction over or back and forth over each other (often fol. by together): He rubbed his hands together.
- to mark, polish, force, move, etc. (something) by pressure and friction (often fol. by over, in, or into).
- to remove by pressure and friction;
erase (often fol. by off or out).
- to exert pressure and friction on something.
- to move with pressure against something.
- to admit of being rubbed in a specified manner: Chalk rubs off easily.
- [Chiefly Brit.]to proceed, continue in a course, or keep going with effort or difficulty (usually fol. by on, along, or through): He manages to rub along.
- rub down:
- to smooth off, polish, or apply a coating to: to rub a chair down with sandpaper.
- to give a massage to.
- rub it in, [Informal.]to emphasize or reiterate something unpleasant in order to tease or annoy: The situation was embarrassing enough without having you rub it in.
- rub off on, to become transferred or communicated to by example or association: Some of his good luck must have rubbed off on me.
- rub out:
- to obliterate;
- [Slang.]to murder: They rubbed him out before he could get to the police.
- rub the wrong way, to irritate;
annoy: a manner that seemed to rub everyone the wrong way.
- rub up, to refresh one's memory of (a subject, language, etc.).
- an act or instance of rubbing: an alcohol rub.
- something that annoys or irritates one's feelings, as a sharp criticism, a sarcastic remark, or the like: to resent rubs concerning one's character.
- an annoying experience or circumstance.
- an obstacle, impediment, or difficulty: We'd like to travel, but the rub is that we have no money.
- a rough or abraded area caused by rubbing.
Bronzebronze (bronz),USA pronunciation n., v., bronzed, bronz•ing, adj.
- any of various alloys consisting essentially of copper and tin, the tin content not exceeding 11 percent.
- any of various other alloys having a large copper content.
- a metallic brownish color.
- a work of art, as a statue, statuette, bust, or medal, composed of bronze.
- [Numis.]a coin made of bronze, esp. one from the Roman Empire.
- to give the appearance or color of bronze to.
- to make brown, as by exposure to the sun: The sun bronzed his face.
- to apply a fine metallic powder to (the ink of a printed surface) in order to create a glossy effect.
- to apply a fine metallic powder to (areas of a reproduction proof on acetate) in order to increase opacity.
bronz′y, bronze′like′, adj.
- having the color bronze.
Curvedcurve (kûrv),USA pronunciation n., v., curved, curv•ing, adj.
- a continuously bending line, without angles.
- the act or extent of curving.
- any curved outline, form, thing, or part.
- a curved section of a road, path, hallway, etc.
- a curved section of track: in the U.S. the curve is often expressed as the central angle, measured in degrees, of a curved section of track subtended by a chord 100 ft. (30 m) long(degree of curve).
- Also called curve′ ball′. [Baseball.]
- a pitch delivered with a spin that causes the ball to veer from a normal straight path, away from the side from which it was thrown.
- the course of such a pitched ball.
- a graphic representation of the variations effected in something by the influence of changing conditions; graph.
- a collection of points whose coordinates are continuous functions of a single independent variable.
- a misleading or deceptive trick;
- a grading system based on the scale of performance of a group, so that those performing better, regardless of their actual knowledge of the subject, receive high grades: The new English professor marks on a curve.Cf. absolute (def. 10).
- a curved guide used in drafting.
- ahead of (or behind ) the curve, at the forefront of (or lagging behind) recent developments, trends, etc.
- throw (someone) a curve:
- to take (someone) by surprise, esp. in a negative way.
- to mislead or deceive.
- to bend in a curve;
cause to take the course of a curve.
- to grade on a curve.
- [Baseball.]to pitch a curve to.
- to bend in a curve;
take the course of a curve.
Howdy folks, this photo is about Metal Curtain Pole Cutter Wonderful Double Shower Rod Oil Rubbed Bronze Curved (good Curtain Pole Cutter #3). This blog post is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this file is 1230 x 1230. This image's file size is only 57 KB. Wether You desired to download It to Your PC, you might Click here. You may also download more images by clicking the following picture or see more at here: Curtain Pole Cutter.
Are you still within the disposition to make while in the kitchen were dirty? Should be difficult? Cooking is an exercise that requires sensations. If you are experiencing unpleasant as a result of the environment of the kitchen, Metal Curtain Pole Cutter Wonderful Double Shower Rod Oil Rubbed Bronze Curved (good Curtain Pole Cutter #3) could be believed in case your meals may also be crazy. Preserving the kitchen to retain it clear and neat isn't a straightforward issue.
Particularly if your home gear has already been overcrowding and so much. Herbs and and of course the meals ingredients are dispersed. If you do not set an excellent Curtain Pole Cutter program, you may be lacking the temper that is cooking. You can taste the food isn't not surprisingly even when compelled. You need a storage process in an effective kitchen. Cooking utensils, food substances and seasonings not merely to become kept efficiently and firmly but additionally within reach. How exactly to? Let us appear together.
Produce Cabinets For Electronics. Produce so you are an easy task to label them, a tray which will keep comparable items. Once they need back, deposition of similar materials in a single position can simplify and accomplish the search.